The original clock tower was part of the 1907 Post Office knocked down in 1969. The new tower with original clock and mechanism was built in 1986.
The tower to the right is an earlier version when decorated in retro style.
This one drawn lying down in the middle of the traffic island The other with the White Hart nearby
Diggers working on the controversial new Len Lye Centre