13 Jul 2013

40th Worldwide Sketchcrawl Day.

Today is the 40th Worldwide Sketchcrawl Day. SketchCrawl is a global drawing marathon: taking a day to journal and draw all that is around you. Our theme this time was local parks and reserves. It was a bitterly cold day. I initially went up to the Kunming Garden, and drew the Spring Wind Pavilion.


I then went and met the others in Pukekura Park. I was so cold by that time I decided to go to the fernery and sketch there. A lot of us were of like mind. It's lovely and warm in there, plus very peaceful.

I had a go at the fish:

The challenge was to get the effect of water and the mist floating across it.

You can throw coins into the pool and Make a Wish. The money is used to buy fish food. A lot of people must make wishes as the fish are quite fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment