- $1m – TSB Community Trust, committed in 2009.
- $4m – Ministry for Arts Culture and Heritage Regional Museum Policy Fund, 2011.
- $0.5m – Lotteries’ Environment and Heritage Fund, 2011.
- $3m – Sole Founding Partner, Todd Energy, 2011.
- $0.305m private donors as of March 2014.
- $2.695m - Lotteries' Significant Projects Fund, March 2014.
The centre has huge reflective angulated stainless steel walls which have been designed by architects Patterson Associates and made by the Taranaki steel company Rivet.
When I first saw them going up I thought there was no way I was going to try and sketch that! Anyway we all gamely went up there, (now that nearly all of the steel is on), and tried our hand at reflective stainless steel!
Here is my sketch:
The landscaping isn't done yet, but the reflections of the surrounding buildings make for an interesting building that is not easy to sketch!